Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

93' Mercedes 300e radio has an E2 error code weeks. now the

Customer Question

93' Mercedes 300e radio has an E2 error code for 2 weeks. now the car will not turn on. electricity comes on, lights, wipers etc... just no ignition. thinking its the security sys. but with no radio there's no way to disarm. pleas help thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replacing the 7.5 v fuse in rear becker radio
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: the seat belt warning light continued blinking while driving the last time before issue with no ignition occurred
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your model has a cd changer inspect and make sure the connection to the cd changer is plugged in correctly.Make sure all fuses are found to be o.k. as well and if any are found to be at fault replace any affected.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete