Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I am reading about the positive terminal that you can use

Customer Question

I am reading about the positive terminal that you can use for jumping the battery... I cannot get the cover open. Any help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to jump start my clk 320 battery is completely dead and I cannot open the trunk Trying to jump it off the positive terminal in the engine compartment Cannot open the cover on the terminal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, the cover lifts open towards the motor. The front and rear end of the cover have the clips. You will need to pry the clips away from the box at the front and rear of the box and lift the cover up from the side that the cables enter.

Let me know how it goes.

Marty