Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Somebody t my bumper no damage to anything all my safety

Customer Question

Somebody hit my bumper no damage to anything all my safety preset features are inoperative how can I fix this issue
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car bumped the inside of the garage and now the "presafe functions currently limited" is showing and all the presafe functions are not working. Do you know how to reset?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes it is a 2015 Gl 63 mercedes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looking on the dash for a reset and can't find one
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Mercedes Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will have to have either a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read out and clear any fault codes set in all computers (and this will require a scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle and there arent to many out there that will do this) or a dealers SDS machine plugged into your vehicle to check the codes and clear them.Any codes that come back will have to be diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue here.Usually this will reset this issue you see on your model here as computers in your vehicle can set fault codes when this occurs and cause this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete