Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

E55 amg has two new batteries and thery are chaged and show

Customer Question

e55 amg has two new batteries and thery are chaged and show 12.7 volts under no load and 12.5v for the main and 12.3 for the aux when installed in the car. I still get a red battery adn visit workshop message
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mercedes Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have cleaned all the batery cabels and am about to check the ground straps and BCM
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no if he is mr wizzard he can help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Mercedes Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Do you have a scanner that can read the battery control module ? Because you could have fixed the car BUT because the codes are not erased the warning will continue to pop up. Also there were issues with the battery control module where it needed to be reprogrammed. Hope this information helps.