Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How do i get my answer5

Customer Question

How do i get my answer5
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** do not see a question posted here. What can I help you with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mercedee benz wont crank or start a ! With a triangle around it a code of 8600
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
New battery was fine turned it off got back in never started again.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are u there
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

I am here

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

I need a little more information. What happens when you turn the key to start the car? Does the motor crank over but not start?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing happend
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just a click
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It like the battery was dead but radin come on oh thr odometer kinda shimmering
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Where is the click coming from? If it is coming from the starter under the hood I would suspect that your starter motor has failed. The voltage to the starter motor needs to be tested when the key is turned to the start position. If there is voltage to the small wire on the starter and the starter just clicks when you turn the key you will need to replace the starter.

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Just to confirm one thing. Previously you said that the battery was new and was fine. You need to be absolutely sure that the battery is good and that the cable connections are good. The battery voltage needs to be checked with a voltmeter to be sure there is at least 12 volts at the battery terminals.

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

I see that you have opened a new question in order to reply to me. You need to reply to this question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I not satisfied with my anwser that ism being given no crank no start what so hard about that
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

I am only trying to help you. Why aren't you satisfied with my answer? Are you able to perform any tests? Is the car with a mechanic?

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

It appears as though you have left the conversation. I will opt out. Best of luck with your problem.

Marty

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Elaine , I have been replying to your other chat. Let me know if you would rather do a phone call it seems you may be having issues with the site. We can definitely help. Lou P