Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

02 Mercedes cl 500 new alternator after 30 minute stop

Customer Question

02 Mercedes cl 500 new alternator after 30 minute stop charging
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if I drive for 30or 040minute from 14.20 drop to 12.50
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, where are you testing for voltage at?

does the battery light come on the dash?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No

OK , so also i asked where you are testing for voltage at? and what led you to checking the alternator?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Voltage at battery and fuse block passenger side

ok, i need you to answer my questions or else we will get nowhere, i asked 2 questions each time and you responded with one answer. i really can help but i need your cooperation to help me understand your scenario so i can give you the best answer and get you fixed up with minimal time spent.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok no battery light on dash and check voltage at battery and fuse block at passenger foot wall

also where did you purchase the alternator from and did the old one do the exact same thing? the alternator is controlled by the ecm so you may have a faulty ecm or a poor connection.

so WHY did you replace the alternator?

THE small connector on the alternator should have a blue wire in it, that wire is going from the alternator to the right fuse block then to the sam control module which attaches to the fuse block, it should have 12v at all times when the engine is running.check that wire. make sure the connection is good and the pins are not burnt