Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a W163 ML270 cdi. The wipers work fine on

Customer Question

I have a W163 ML270 cdi. The wipers work fine on intermittent and fast, but not slow speed. They got worse and worked sometimes if you jiggled the stalk but now the wipers stop wherever they are when you set to slow wipe. As i said, all fine on intermittent and fast.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello it sounds to me like if you can influence the wipers by wiggling the switch that the switch is the issue. As the motor works the same and responds to the inputs so the switch must be bad. You will have to have the wiper / turn signal stalk replaced. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Again I am here if you need more assistance. Lou P

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Apparently it is more likely to be a relay or control apparently?
Do you know which ones they are so i can check them?

It won't be a relay. A relay is only on or off.

And if it was the control module then it would not work on other speeds. It would not work at all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. So really it can only be the wiper stalk?

Correct. Especially since you say when you mess with it it will work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no sorry, it used to as it was going wrong but not for the last year now. If the wipers are on fast and you move the stalk to slow, they stop wherever the wipers are. they don't move until you move the stalk again.

Ok. Lol. So you have 3 settings. Intermittent. Slow. And fast. So what setting does not work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the slow setting. As i said, when the stalk goes to slow setting the wipers stop wherever they are.

Ok so they work ok on fast and intermittent ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
perfectly.

Ok well in the low speed only one relay operates. In high speed the low speed relay and high speed relay both work. So that leads me back to the wiper switch again

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ah, ok. I will try a new one and let you know if it is that.

Ok. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.