Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes CLA250 2015 - had it five months. At speeds from

Customer Question

Mercedes CLA250 2015 - had it five months. At speeds from 20-40 miles an hour, there is a flapping or thudding sound. Sounds like maybe tires but they appear fine and no tire sensors are on. It's worrisome.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the flapping noise is directly related to the wheel speed the problem will more than likely be a bad tire or something stuck in a tire or in the wheel or brake area. You should get the car to the shop to have the tires inspected for any defects and to have the wheel and brake area inspected. A lifted tire tread on a tire will give you that flapping sound. Rotating the tires from side to side would be a good way of diagnosing the problem. If the noise seems to move or change when the tires are rotated the problem would be the tires.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was my answer helpful?