MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

New key programmed by dealer car still will not crank 1998

Customer Question

new key programmed by dealer car still will not crank 1998 ml 320
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car has sat up for 5 months, i lost the key and just replaced it. The key came pre programmed and the car still will not crank
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if i can. I have done work on my s600 and its not that hard.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing I just got the replacement key today.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: It sat up 5 months, before that i had change the spark plugs the oil the air compressor. I don't think that its something big.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 10 months ago.

Hello , so does the starter turn the engine ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the car says nothing the lights light up but the car says nothing.