MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My c300 wont start, all other electrical functions work

Customer Question

my c300 wont start, all other electrical functions work well.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car worked fine last night. went out to go to the store and nothing. the car will lock and unlock lights com on but the engine will not turn.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! What year is your c300?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

Ok have you tried to jump start it yet? A week battery will act like that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is beginnings to sound like a top off. I just paid 41.00 dollars for help, now more $ to talk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean rip off.
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

it doesn't cost any more to continue the conversation. with your car being a 2010 the battery life is about at it's end. First thing to do with an issue like you are having would be to jump start it to verify a low battery or if it is another issue you will not be charged any extra for this conversation.

Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

i will continue to work with you until we figure out what the issue is with your car

Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

There are 3 things that can cause your no crank issue. One is the battery second would be an issue with the starter and the third would be an issue with the security system or wiring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not in a position to get a jump start right now how do we continue the conversation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In a parking lot.
Expert:  b5demon replied 1 year ago.

just let the conversation open don't rate it yet and then respond back when you have time and i will get back to you as soon as i can