FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My check engine light came on while driving this morning. I

Customer Question

Hi, my check engine light came on while driving this morning. I thought it could be my gas cap, however I unscrewed the cap to ensure that it was tight. The light was still illuminated.
What could the problem? I have a Mercedes C350 2008
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If it was indeed a loose gas cap it will take several key cycles or times of driving the vehicle until it resets. If it is running fine then that is what it probably is. If you want to know for sure you need to have the computer scanned for codes. You can have this done at most auto parts stores. If you have this done bring me the codes and I will be able to tell you better what is going on. Please let me know if you need more help.