Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The handle to my covert top came out in my hand upon closing

Customer Question

the handle to my covert top came out in my hand upon closing it last night, I have the handle, a coil spring and a circular metal piece w/a hole in the center and 2 small holes on either side. I need to know how to put it back together and re-attach it if possible
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I got the top closed by re inserting the handle. however it needs to be fixed right
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

hello, most likely if the handle came apart then it needs replaced, could you upload some pictures so i can see what parts you have? take as many as possible. these normally dont come apart so when they do its usually catastrophic and there is no putting it back together but i will give it a go.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here r some pics

ok thanks i am looking them over now.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thx

ok looks like the center mount snapped off :(

what is the vin number i will get you a part number for the replacement , there it nothing you can do with that one.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WDBLK65G5YTO45623

OK checking now

A2087700044

That is the part number, i have not seen any used or on ebay so it looks like the dealer it is. sorry. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Sue, are you still needing assistance?