Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I purchased Benz ML350 2003. within two day it failed

Customer Question

I purchased Benz ML350 2003. within two day it failed inspection for a lot of electrical problems, Check engine light on in two days. vg, etc, esm, me2-sfi, esp, bas, aam, eam, das, lcp, icm, telle aid us, aac. the list goes on. the dealer I purchased from says its my problem now. is there anything I can do to get them to cover at least half the labor and parts. I also had to put ball joints, rack and pinion, egr valve. I can't see a car having these many electrical problems. components or harness. is this common for this model? Julius Burriss
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julius, cars are usually sold as is. If the dealer did not give you a written warranty and they are not willing to stand behind the sale you are pretty much on your own. I'd speak to the owner of general manager of the dealership and see if they are willing to at least help you out with the repairs. It is very common to have numerous fault codes stored in any Mercedes if the codes have not been read and erased in a long time. All fault codes should be erased after the initial scan and the car should be driven until the warning lights come on again and then the codes should be read again. You will likely have far fewer codes than the initial scan and the new codes are the ones that you need to address.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I clean the codes by disconnect the battery
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

No, disconnecting the battery will not clear any of the fault codes. The car need to be connected to a Mercedes tester to have all of the fault codes in all of the modules erased.

Expert:  Marty replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I see that you have not rated my service. If the information I provided was helpful I would appreciate a rating.

Thank you