Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I'm ***** *****. My 2000 S430 radio will not go into FM mode

Customer Question

Hello. I'm ***** *****. My 2000 S430 radio will not go into FM mode since I cleared Suspension code (LR air valve is acting up) with a Mac Mentor. (coincidence?) I cleared code once before with no problem. It stays in WB mode, and digital readout says 00.0FM. CD player works fine. Pushing button to change to AM/FM silences sound for split second, then goes right back to WB. Even directly entering known local station will not change 00.0FM readout. Thanks for any help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All radio functions, EXCEPT AM and FM are working properly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction.

Try pulling fuse 61 in the rear fuse box and see if it resets the radio. I'll send a picture of the box so you know where to look. Lou P

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Lou. Removed fuse with ign key on front seat. No change. Removed fuse with key in acc. position and radio on. Waited minimum 2 minutes. No change. Is exactly the same. (I pulled the correct fuse, radio went out)

Ok does your Mac scan tool read the audio system ?