Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2005 SL500 both batteries replaced 6 months ago. New EIS and

Customer Question

2005 SL500 both batteries replaced 6 months ago. New EIS and door locking system.
Here's the problem, the SRS,Roll Bar light goes on and the SOS light flashes. The entire electrical system shuts down. IE the auto headlamps ( they have to be turned on manually ) also the heated seats,radio, and wipers, and God knows what else. The trunk battery has to be charged daily, and is partially drained when it sits over night.BTW the alternator was checked, and its fine. The front battery is fine, can you help ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction.

it sounds to me like the consumer shutoff is active. Does that message appear on the dash ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's exactly how I described it.

OK, i believe you have bad relay, its called the "circuit 15 relay" and is located in the front drivers side fuse box , its the black one in the row of three black ones. if you pull it up underneath on the fuse box should be a letter C. BUT to confirm that is the issue, what i need you to do is, when the seats and roll bar and wiper issue happens i need you to use a test light and test each fuse for power, we are not testing for blown fuses but of course that would be a bonus, instead we are testing to see what circuits are live or not, so when you tell me what fuses do not have power i can look at the diagrams and narrow down the issue or confirm the circuit 15 relay. hope this helps , Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.