MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Dead battery replaced 1998 Ml 320 no start cranks though,

Customer Question

dead battery replaced 1998 Ml 320 no start cranks though
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes had crank sensor camsemnsor and 2nd key made 2nd key cranks truck original door lock key will not crank engine also replaced fuel pump and filter 8k ago wats up with ths truck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok where is answer for next step
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I placed payment info but was not able to log in even though I did get email with reset password??
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Let us first try to find what is causing the engine not to start; is it lack of compression, spark, fuel pressure or injector pulse? Once we find which of those is missing, we can then focus on diagnosing the corresponding system and pinpointing the problem. Sounds good?

We should start by trying to start the engine with starting fluid; if it starts and runs momentarily, then we'll know compression and spark are good. If that's the case, then we'll need to test fuel pressure and injector pulse - we're looking for about 50 psi fuel pressure and a steady flash from a Noid light for injector pulse.

Please run those tests and get back to me with the results so we can continue.

Best Regards.