MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

MY 2008 GL450 has an intermittent aromatic issue. Sometimes

Customer Question

MY 2008 GL450 has an intermittent aromatic issue. Sometimes the rear will lower itself on both sides to an low-rider position. It doesn't do it all the time in fact it will stay at a normal position for days.
JA: What model is your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: GL450
JA: Huh?
Customer: I suspect the leveling sensor
JA: Nice car. The Mercedes Mechanic can help you with your ''08 Mercedes. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: within reason
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Mercedes Mechanic now?
Customer: sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.

sensors are almost never the cause. usually its the rear air bags. or a failed valve block or compressor. the best test is to spray down the valve block with water and soap after shutting down to see if there are any bubbles. are you good with cars?