MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Marty I'm swaping a 560sel m117 into a113 I have the donor

Customer Question

Hi Marty I'm swaping a 560sel m117 into a113 I have the donor car what am I gonna need to start the engine
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction. can You clarify what engine you are gonna put into this car or what car you are gonna put this engine in ? The description is a little fuzzy thanks. Lou P

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi lou, I'm putting a1987 m117 5.6 liter engine into a 1964 230sl. I learnt from other people that have done the swap that it will be a bolt in with lower mounts for hood clearance,my question was I have the donor car so what are the components and wiring that I'm gonna need to rewire that engine from the donor car which is the 1987 560sel.

Ah ok. I gotcha. Sorry I won't be able to help with this. I have not done one like this situation and the old wiring diagrams are not as easy to read as the newer ones. I am not sure if any one of us will be able to assist and that may be why no one has attempted to assist. If no one does assist you are welcome to contact customer service for assistance. Sorry I could not help with this. Lou