Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

1997 mercedes benz e420 won't crank, I changed batteries in

Customer Question

1997 mercedes benz e420 won't crank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I changed batteries in my remote and now the car won't start it turns over but won't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem may be caused by the DAS (drive authorization system) does not recognize the signal from the ignition key. Try your spare key if you have one. If it will still not start with either key then its likely the system has lost it programming and will need to be programmed. Unfortunately if in fact that is the case, this will need to be done by your dealer.