Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2006 mercedes s430. Heat is working fine except air

Customer Question

I have a 2006 mercedes s430. Heat is working fine except for warm air will not come from center passenger vents. Drivers side and rear vents push out hot air like they are supposed to. But the passengerror side will not blow out hot air. What is my problem.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem would be caused by a fault with the right side center vent blend flap stepper motor. The car should be connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for faults with all of the stepper motors and to perform the synchronization procedure for the motors. Sometimes the synchronization procedure will get the flap working properly but what typically happens is the stepper motor will fail and will need to be replaced. The system uses electric motors to move all of the flaps to the requested position. The blend flap stepper motor blends warm air with cold air for the center vents. There is a separate motor for the left and right center vents.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this problem. Do you have any questions? If my answer was helpful, please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty