Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

This is about the front lights - on the Auto setting both

Customer Question

This is about the front lights - on the Auto setting both the park lights as well as the main lights come on throughout the day, so i turn the switch to the extreme left so it turns off. but thissetting as you know keeps one side of the park lights on when the car is off. and a few times Ive been caught out by leaving it like this and leaving the car with the lights on all night etc. one time i went abroad for 3 weeks with this side off and the battery went down completely. How do i change the Auto setting to make only the park lights come on. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello. If all of your lights are coming on in auto during the day then you have a issue with the light sensor behind the rear view mirror or you have a faulty "Front Sam " control module. In the auto position the lights will come on as the light sensor recognizes that the light is diminishing. However if you have your daytime running lights set to on the headlights will always be on. So if you want just the marker lights to come on you need to turn the daytime running lights off in the dashboard settings and manually turn the switch to the market light position. So as for the auto , the auto does not turn on the lights in steps. It's either all or nothing. The difference is if you have the daytime set on the dash. Hope this information helps. Why is it that you only want the park lights to come on ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i want to save on the life of the bulbs so only to use them when required. My colleague has a similar car at the office - C250 2011 reg, on his car during the day, Auto setting makes the park lights and the fog lights only to come on and not the main headlights.I want to get my car also to this type of setting, even if fog lights not on I am fine.
I will try today to set the daylight runniing lights to off and lets see. i will let you know.Thanks

Ok let me know. In order to do like his you need to set your daytime lights off and leave the switch in the park light position for this. As this is the only way to set the marker lights on. I do believe they will shut off with the key but I would need to check some diagrams. Hope this information helps. Let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Lou
Which mercs have air suspension?
Do u know a dealer here.

Hello. I am in USA so I do not know of any dealers. But if you go on the Internet and go to mercedes Benz dealer in the search bar it should show your closest dealers.

For the air suspension , the S-class, CL-class, E-class,CLS-class , ML-class, GL-class, R-class all have air suspensions. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.