Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Right rear tire(4000 miles old) on my 2007 CLK 550 had slow

Customer Question

Hello. Right rear tire(4000 miles old) on my 2007 CLK 550 had slow leak due to nail. Removed tire, successfully inserted plug, inflated to manufacturers suggested psi, replaced tire, checked for leaks, all good. Until I tried to pull car out of garage. Placed keyless key into ignition switch, and no sound, lights and key switch is totally locked. Removed key placed foot on brake and tried keyless method(the same way I pulled car into garage 90 min. earlier) and silence. It seems all electronics been shut down. When removing tire to repair, I didn't notice a fuse or 'KILL CAR SWITH/WIRE' attached to hub. How did I remove 5/lug nuts , remove damaged tire, repair tire, reinstall tire and breakdown my car. I know Mercedes wants owner/individuals not to meddle with their product and to service/repair/maintain their product by properly trained and certified proffessionals, but my god , it's a tire not electrical ignition or piston or transmission work. I've contacted my service representative to maybe see if I could possibly unbreak my car without a visit to Mercedes, but his advise was to bring storyn in. Thanks for response if you managed to get through my son story
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

hello, there is no kill switch, did you have the radio on or the doors open or the key on when doing this work? i suspect a dead battery did you try to jump the battery?

the wire on the hub is only a brake pad wear sensor and a wheel speed sensor . so i assure you this will be a fairly easy fix :)

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.