Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I have 1996 MB E 300 diesel. Last week the temperature of

Customer Question

Hi. I have 1996 MB E 300 diesel. Last week the temperature of engine was climbing from usual 80-85 C to 100 and probably higher if I go longer. I have changed thermostat, used radiator flush and new antifreeze. Heater works good but temperature on gage, after some driving goes up again. Bottom radiator hose is worm, and radiator it self is cold.
Is there any other procedure ? Thank you.. Lee
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with having a block test performed to at least rule out any possibility of a blown head gasket. If the block test checks okay then I would suspect you may have some trapped air in the system which can cause poor flow through the system and would likely explain the difference in the heat on the two hoses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ron. I think that head gasket is ok, I`ll try the air lock .Let you know. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Im here if need be.