Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2009 Mercedes c300 no crank. Fuel pump priming, esl is full

2009 Mercedes c300 no crank . Fuel pump priming , esl is full functional. Starter relay is good same with starter fuse . Can jump the starter and it will engage . Stuck on this . Circuit 30 came up on snap on scanner for low voltage but without star diagnostics I can't get into everything
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction. so What kind of scanner are you working with ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's my buddies snap on scanner snap on d10 scanner

Is that like the verus? Let me google real quick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it's a versus d10

Oh sweet ok it is a verus. Ok so first thing I need to know is does everything in the car work except starting ? Have you tried everything ? All the switches and Windows and radio and heater ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
literally everything works except no crank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before when everything was dead esl shit the bed that has been replaced and in proper working order . Now everything is working but getting no crank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relay to starter is good , power is getting to the relay , fuses are all good . Grounds have been checked and good

Ok so you replaced the ignition switch or the steering lock on the column ? Just to be on the same page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steering lock . Eis was good

Ok , so now column unlocks as it should ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
column unlocks as it should .

Ok can you turn the key on and test all the fuses in the drivers Sam fuse box and make sure they all have power ? Tell me which ones do not have power of any. We are not testing for blown fuses I'm looking to make sure all the circuits are alive like they should be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that when I get home that's not a problem at all

Did all this happen before or after the ESL?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to move shifter from park , it does appear on my dash as well as to what gear I am in .

Ok that's good sign

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also get a loud relay click coming from the prefuse junction box by the battery when the door is opened ofter the car has been sitting for a while "10-15 mins" with no activity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the esl went I had got a new one programmed and I also got an emulator in case one or the other didn't work . But esl seems to be working correctly . Once back together I got a no crank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent out esl / eis systems to a reputable mercedes programmer as the dealership would say it's impossible but I've done business with the guy for years have never had an issue .

Sorry my kid bumped my mouse and opted me out. I am still here !! Reading your recent texts

Ok. I have been a dealer tech for 16 years and I have seen and heard of people getting that done but it's beyond my smarts lol. So in my mind if all was fine until the ESL then there's a authorization issue but that would not let it shift out of gear so it's conflicting. Ok so let's start by making sure all the fuses have power. We won't assume the issue we will prove it. So as of now I think the issue is with the eis/ESL pairing. But we'll come back to that. So let me know about the fuses. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok when I get home I will let you know about the fuses , and I was thinking some sort of drive authorization beig the culprit as well , or that prefuse box but it has power so I'm not sure . I'll start with the fuses for you in a bit

Ok. I'll be up for a little more tonight but I will definitely see your messages in the morning. I'll do what I can to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good if I don't get to it tonight I will right after work , trying to ween out everything I can before I take it to my mercedes dealership. It's 150 just to hook it up to star and pray that even tells me anything .

Well I can tell you the diagnostic machine is only as good as who can read it :) if you don't know what your looking for you won't find the issue. Not against you it's some new dealer techs that don't have the experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going out there right now I'll let you know what I find

OK , assuming you are heading out to test the fuses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With key on every fuse has power except 22,23,24,25 they just have continuity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse group to the right of starter relay

Ok this is common it should be the circuit relay 15 that powers these. I'll check and be back. Nice job

MY MAN, you are missing a relay!!

see the letter N on the fuse box between the rows of fuses in the middle?

you have a relay in the wrong spot !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What relay needs to be moved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it

ok im looking and i may have been lightly wrong but you need a relay inserted into the spot labeled N

i will send over a diagram of how the fuse box should look essentially

i think your relay next to the green one needs moved to position N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are the f**king man

DID IT WORK!?

DONT KEEP ME WAITING ...... :)

KILLING ME SMALLS...... :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry yes it did indeed , idk how the hell that even got moved ! Like I said you're the man . Sorry I didn't get a text saying you responded

Sweet. Awesome news. Now if you don't Mind rating me I would appreciate it sir :)