MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

2002 Mercedes S-430 won't upshift immediately after being

Customer Question

2002 Mercedes S-430 won't upshift immediately after being analyzed for an in-operative instrument culster
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Taken to shop for estimate on cluster repair. Analyzed and told to replace cluster. Drive out and transmission won't change gear. Never had problem before then
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction. so Can you tell me if the gear display in the dash is working ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want an oppinion I can work with. First time here, but I am not a novice

Ok, I am your guy but I need to know a few things to get a idea of what is going on.

I can help but I need to know if you can see the gear indicated in the dash cluster ? Hopefully you are getting my messages.