MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My check engine light came on, I had it put on machine codes

Customer Question

My check engine light came on, I had it put on machine codes Poo15,P2004,P0444 came up. What need to be done
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the P2004 code I know is some kind of cam shaft magnet I replaced the part but light still on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes or my nef
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace part cam shaft magnet on driver side of engine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** year and model is your Mercedes? Can you please post the last 8 digits of your vin number?