Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have s550 2010 and suddenly it will not start, when I push

Customer Question

I have s550 2010 and suddenly it will not start, when I push the start button the light behind dash ones on but no I gone sound at all . What can be wrong , I even put new battery in my car
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all other electronics are operating properly when you push the start button including the brake lights with the brake pressed and start button engaged this can indicate a fault with the starter motor itself.The starter solenoid or motor can fail and cause this here and they are one component on your vehicle.I would start with checking for brake lights when pressing on the brake pedal with the switch switched on.If there are no brake lights at all this can indicate a fault with the brake switch itself needing replaced as this can cause this here.

If the brake lights are on with the brake pedal pressed then this indicates the brake switch is o.k. and this can be the starter motor itself at fault needing replaced.This would need to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here before having it replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have you seen this problem ons550 before ? Does it need to go to dealer or good mechanics can fix it .
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I have seen this issue before and it can be any of the components above causing this here.I wouldnt rule out anything else like a possible electronic ignition switch (EIS) at fault as well but this will need to be tested to be sure then repaired from there.

The best place to have this tested and repaired is a dealer but if you have a local European auto repair center in your area they should be able to diagnose and repair the issue as well here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete