Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

, I'm going to change the right front strut. I'm told I

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm going to change the right front strut. I'm told I need to pull the compressor fuse. Is this true ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes it's a good idea to remove the fuse so the compressor does not turn on while you have the suspension apart. Do you need the fuse location? Is this an S class Mercedes? Can you post the vin number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ii WOULD LIKE THE LOCATION OF THE FUSE, i FOUND AND OPEND THE BOX COVER,it's a 2003 sl500, vin number is *****
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you have posted a vin number for a 2003 SL500. This car does not use an air compressor for the suspension it uses a tandem power steering pump. There is no need to remove any fuses when replacing a suspension strut on the SL.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just following up with you on this problem. Was my answer helpful?