Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Have 2004 Clk 55 convertable 2 questions. 1 glove box shut

Customer Question

Have 2004 Clk 55 convertable 2 questions. 1 glove box shut and can't open it is lock electric operated or manual. 2 key fob won't open top does work on doors but won't work on trunk thanks butch. ***@******.***
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, your glove box should have a keyhole on it , does it not?

as for the trunk, are you saying the fob will not open the trunk? or the mechanical key will not open the trunk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My glove box does not have a key hole very light piece of metal behind handle u pull on to open to light to be mechanical latch I think it must be operated electronic As for top the fob will not work to operate the fobwill unlock doors. Fob will not to unlock trunk the door switch will open it

ok, press and hold the trunk release button on the key fob while watching the little circle near the top by the panic button, if you hold the button for a few seconds a little red light comes on to show you the button and the battery is ok, try it with all the buttons . that way you can confirm the light comes on.

for the glove box there is no lock, its broken if you dont feel no resistance when using the handle. the only lockable item is the center console. you will need to replaced the glove box door assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light comes on on all three buttons the panic button also orks

OK, so there is a key lock cylinder in the trunk lock, make sure its facing vertical not horizontal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My second question was why won't the fob open windows and open the top

OK, so there is supposed to be a small square near the drivers door handle, its actually on the door handle. do you see it. ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held the fob next to it still won't open top fob has new batteries

Ok try the passenger side door handle it should have a square as well

if the car locks and unlocks with the fob then the door handle has failed, it should work on the passenger side, if not the door handle there is bad as well. i have to commute so i will check back in, let me know if you want me to send over a phone chat, i can help you get this car squared away if you are unfamiliar with mercedes, Lou