Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

R u marty? Yes I have a 1995 sl500 and AB and ATA control

Customer Question

r u marty?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I have a 1995 sl500 and AB and ATA control units do not respond to HHT
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, are you needing assistance with getting those modules to respond to the hht?

for the airbag check fuse 13 in the front fuse box. see if its blown, and also see if it has power.

for the ata check fuse 5 in the fuse box in the trunk. if those are ok, the only other option is the midway connector to the diagnostic port, the bad thing is, the diagrams do not show me where this connector is at. let me know what you find. Lou

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is suppose to be a srs module voltage connector behind center console but I cannot find. Is there a diagnostic port at driver right knee or is there is just a 38 pin diagnostic in that year car?

Did you locate the srs module under the center console / radio area? that is the only connection at the module area, the other connections are up in the fuse box area under the hood on the drivers side. the only diagnostic port is the round diag port under the hood. is this fuse ok? does the fuse have power? the next thing to check would be the power and ground at the module and also to make sure the diag pin has continuity from the port to the module , its pin 30 on the diag port and pin 9 on the module.