Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2009 Mercedes will not start after replacing battery

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Can you tell me what does and does not function in the car ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the battery and car will not start won't go into neutral or drive or anything

Ok do the lights or radio work ? Does the dash come on when you turn the key ? Where did you get the battery from ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
radio does
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Autozone
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have an answer bc this is crazy paying for this and no answer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello

Well hold on it's not that easy if you don't want to allow me to help figure out what is going on then it won't help either of us. Make sure both cables are tight and you cannot twist them by hand.

Does the starter click when trying to crank it ? Are you still there ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are both tight

Ok , why did you replace the battery ? Was it because of this same reason ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Car died
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No starter does not click

Ok , so did all the same stuff work before ? Did the new battery make ANY difference ?

There is a fuse block inside the jump start post area. There are fuses inside that control a lot of the starting functions. If one fuse blew then it would cause your issue. It will need to be taken apart and inspected. I'll send a picture over so you know what I'm referring to

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already know where fuse box is and I just replaced the relay fuse just now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it still won't start.

"Relay fuse " is not a term. It's either a relay or a fuse. So what exactly did you replace and why did you not tell me about this.

You will need to remove the fuse box assembly and test each side of the fuses in the picture. The fuse with no power on each side is the one that's bad.

Are you handy with cars ? Do you know how to do what I am saying ? I believe your issue is due to a faulty fuse. Unless there are messages in the dash you are not telling me about then we would need to investigate but this fuse box is the PREFUSE box to all the other fuse boxes so this is the first place to start. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more help but you will most likely find your issue in that fuse box. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉