Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes-Benz E320: Is there a charge service? I have

Customer Question

Is there a charge for your service? I have engine oil in the cooling system. I'm confident that if this engine has an oil cooler, this is most likely the problem. I can't find the cooler. If it is located under the canister type oil filter, then I can't seem to locate the coolant lines that connect to it. Am I on the wrong track?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Yes there is a charge for this service only if your satisfied. I believe they are running a free trial, however, I think you had to put down a deposit in order for your question to appear on the question board. Here is a picture of your oil cooler if applicable, note where the oil filter is, and the finned aluminum piece that sits right beside it, if yours has this, then that is your oil cooler.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name is***** can assist. The previous picture is obviously not your engine. Can you tell me how you located oil in the cooling system ? Most times it would be the opposite. The coolant would be in the oil since the coolant is under pressure. Oil is as well but the coolant and oil will not have a chance to mix In the oil cooler. Most likely the issue is with the coolant seal behind the front timing cover or the head gasket is bad. Let me know how you found the oil and we can proceed. Lou.
There is a gasket between the oil filter housing and the block but again it's rare for that to be the issue. Lou