Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Rob ***** *****: 1999 MB C230 Kompressor, runs fine until I

Customer Question

Rob ***** *****: 1999 MB C230 Kompressor, runs fine until I press accelerator to pass, then one cylinder drops out and I run on 3. Restart the car and it runs fine again. The error code says #3 is misfiring. I replaced, the spark plug, coil pack, fuel injector and mass flow one at a time and restarted. Each time I get #3 cylinder not firing. What's the next step in troubleshooting?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've read other questions on this site and they all seem to lead to the coil pack. I replaced it and still have same problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. So are you actually erasing the code and it keep coming back ? Do you feel the engine misfiring ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clear the code each time I make change. Everything runs fine until I press to accelerate up a hill or to pass. Every time the code says cylinder 3 misfire P0303.

OK, so if you replaced all those parts, that means that it will be mechanical, so you would have to check compression and do a leak down test , its possible you have a valve issue, or carbon issue.