Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My radio is bringing prod on the screen after playing

Customer Question

my radio is bringing prod on the screen after playing for few seconds..i took it to a car radio shop and they tested it with some other radio and its still bringing prod...what do i do...i cant even drive when theres no music.thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i need idea
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello. When that happens that means there is a issue within the D2b fiber optic network. Your sound components are connected via fiber optics and also codings. When something does not match or a unit on the D2b is not communicating properly then you will get no sound and receive that message. You need to get the codes read with a Mercedes Benz scan tool to see what codes are in the system. Once you get the codes it will be a million times easier to know what is happening in the system. Most times it's a faulty cd changer or amplifier. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you recently changed anything in the car before this happened. I'll do my best to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.