MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Replaced blower motor on my 1998 w202 with one from the bone

Customer Question

replaced blower motor on my 1998 w202 with one from the bone yard, i bench tested it first before installing. still does not work
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. Have you checked to make sure you have power on the RED/BLUE wire at the blower motor by chance? Should be hot all the time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
add the motor and the resistor sitting on the bench and I ran 12 volt power to the resistor and the motor turned on
Expert:  Edward replied 10 months ago.

Im reffering to the RED/BLUE wire going to the blower motor in the car, should be 3 wires in the harness going to the blower motor RED/BLUE should have power at all times. Do you have a test light or volt meter you can check it with?