Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a M-Benz 98 ML320. It cuts out / stalls and won't

Customer Question

I have a M-Benz 98 ML320 . It cuts out / stalls and won't restart for 15 mins.Then will run 10 mins cut out again , restart again 15 mins. I thought bad fuel and filter , checked for water in fuel . opened fuel rail normal pressure , paper test for beading . Didn't really see any . I pulled out the fuel filter, jumped out f-pump relay drained and flushed fuel lines , fuel rail and tank . Didn't fix the problem . Checked OBII codes , Every PO number came up . MAP sensor came back after clearing codes 3 times . The map sensor was melted , tar on back I thought for sure was the prob. replaced with new MAP sensor . Still same problem , stalls , 15 mins, later starts , but no codes . What do you think is the cause , it will run on starting fluid as long as you keep spraying , the fuel rail has plenty of pressure even though it won't start for 15 mins.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello. So when cold does the ML start and run fine until it gets warm ? If that is the case the issue is the crank sensor. To test wait until the car gets hot and dies then blow cold air or water on the crank sensor to cool it down and it will start. It's in the back of the engine behind the cylinder head on the drivers side. Hope this information helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Let me know if this information helps. I am here to help. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.