Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2007 sl55 that has electrical problems. The trunk

Customer Question

I have a 2007 sl55 that has electrical problems. The trunk latch won't open, the window does not open when opening the right door only ( left side works) the button on top of the seat on the left side does not operate (right does).
I brought to Mercedes and for $1200 they got some of the things to work for a couple of days. They said the fuse block behind the passengers seat got wet which caused the problems. They said they could fix it for $2500 by replacing the box or try cleaning the terminals. I see only two boxes there one the obvious fuse block and the other I would guess is a theft control because it says do not remove this box. Can you tell me what to replace and should I get the theft box?if I disconnect the theft device will it need to be programmed?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The fuse box in the rear is the control module. It's called a rear Sam. You can find them on eBay. Once replaced you will have to have it recoded for your vehicle. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.