FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Here,
, 2007 s550 vibrates when shifting gears more so

Customer Question

Hello ***** ***** here,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 s550 vibrates when shifting gears more so in 4th gear feels like drive shaft?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the vibration is any different when accelerating hard to slow acceleration? Does it stop right when you let off of the accelerator pedal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
to all of the above.

Thank you. To answer your question, yes, this is almost always a drive shaft issue. The coupler becomes worn and this occurs. It can also be caused by a bad engine mount. One other thing I have ran into on this vehicle is a programming issue causing the transmission to shift at the wrong time, but that is not as common.