Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2001 Mercedes S500 that I just purchased. I just

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mercedes S500 that I just purchased. I just installed a new battery in the car. When I turn the key to the start position it will attempt to crank but will not start. I plugged my OBDII into the diagnostic socket and it doesn't show any codes. Is there anything that I need to check on the electrical side to see why it is not starting. I've ordered a crankshaft sensor for the car but it hasn't come in yet. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Can you elaborate on "attempt to crank "? Does it crank and not start or does the engine not even crank at all ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does crank but will not start.

OK have you check fuel pressure at the fuel rail on the passenger front of the engine ?