Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2001 Mercedes S500 that I just purchased. I just

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mercedes S500 that I just purchased. I just installed a new battery in the car. When I turn the key to the start position it will attempt to crank but will not start. I plugged my OBDII into the diagnostic socket and it doesn't show any codes. Is there anything that I need to check on the electrical side to see why it is not starting. I've ordered a crankshaft sensor for the car but it hasn't come in yet. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Can you elaborate on "attempt to crank "? Does it crank and not start or does the engine not even crank at all ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It does crank but will not start.

OK have you check fuel pressure at the fuel rail on the passenger front of the engine ?