Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a Clk 55 amg and pulled the seat forward to let my

Customer Question

I have a Clk 55 amg and pulled the seat forward to let my daughter in the back and the power headrest went down to move the seat forward but then it went back up. This made the seat get stuck with the headrest wedged in between the sun visor and the sun roof. I tried to reposition the seat adjustment and start the car but no movements in the power adjust. I did check the fuzes in the trunk but they look good. Any suggestion?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like an internal electrical fault in the seat control module/ecu itself.I have seen this ecu fail internally before in the past and had to replace it for issues like this here.I have had seats become stuck like this on the CLK and wasnt able to correct this until the seat control module was installed and programmed to the vehicle.You can try and disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes (keep in mind you may need a radio code to reprogram the radio after this is done) to see if this resets the seat control module to correct this here.If this does not work let me know so we can continue from here to see if we can free the seat up.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete