Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2009 SL550 with 15000 miles. Today, after about a half hour

Customer Question

2009 SL550 with 15000 miles. Today, after about a half hour operation. Command (Nav, radio, SAT, Phone) system shut off. Then would automatically power up for about a minute, then shut off. Kept repeating this. Finally shut it off. I had just finished (or in the process) updating/renewing/getting download from Sirius. Thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mercedes has released a service bulletin that deals with the type of problem it sounds like you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mer%20Nav%20Jan%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My COMAND actually powers back up and everything seems to work for a minute or so and then shuts off again. Doesn't eem quite the same as referenced in this link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Mer%20Nav%20Jan%2024.pdf Thanks. Sam
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried the suggestion in the link?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just arrived home from traveling. DO not know how to remove COMAND and hard drive. Any suggestions? 2009 SL550
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you have not done this before you are best served to have it professionally done.