Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I changed my rear tire from 285/35 zr 18 to 285/30. Once I

Customer Question

Customer: good afternoon! I changed my rear tire from 285/35 zr 18 to 285/30. Once I drove it the abs light went on. What should I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The message says "ABS ESP inoperative"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Did you change both rear tires or just one. ? What is happening is the traction system is seeing different wheel speeds so it's activating the traction system. You will need to change all the tires so the speeds are the same. There is a tire speed calculator on tire racks website. Hope this information helps.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I changed both rear tires but kept the front the same
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also is there any long term damages on the abs system if the back tires are not changed on it original size for awhile??

So sorry for the delay internet issues. Yes you can dame the brakes by overheating them if you continue to drive with the wrong size tires. The best thing you can do is unplug one of the sensors so it won't register That way you trick the computer.

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.