Hipo64
Hipo64, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Work and diagnose electronics on daily basis.
41577536

My 04 mercedes e320. my problem is while i m driving the red

Customer Question

hi my 04 mercedes e320 . my problem is while i m driving the red warning light come on and the brake system no more working. ithe brake pedal very hard to press and the car not stop. i have to use the curb to stop my car. also the knob stick shift can't move from parking to drive. please help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello it appears you have a issue with the stop light switch. I would have that replaced and erase the codes and see if the problem is taken care of. Hope this information helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the brake swich dearler part already replaced first , before make decision to buy the expensive $950 hydraulic sbc control module and did program, thk

Ok I will opt out and see if another expert can help. My apologies.

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer!

Check battery charge as well and alternator performance. Low system voltage can cause this problems.

Regards Pavlin!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the battery test is 13,50 while idle. the old SBC unit have many light as ABS Light on righ side, brake on left side and red warning stop vehicle when i replaced the remain SBC assy bough from dealer, i scan the code esb is c1611 , no brake ligh and codes about high draulic no anymore, thk

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, This code C1611 will set when SBC unit and ESP unit are not compatible. Somehow the unit you have installed is not I match for the vehicle ESP software. As for shifter not working it may be separate issue. common problem is sticky residue in shifter accumulated over the years from coffee spills, removing shifter and cleaning it helps in most cases,

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Regards Pavlin!

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

If you have the old SBC unit you can try to swap EEPROM or if you have an access to a Arbitus tool you can copy file from old unit and download it to new unit. Or as you have paid already a top dollar for the reman unit from Dealer, just take it back and let them deal with it.