Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a problem with my c class 2011 model .. It has been 4

Customer Question

Hi .. I have a problem with my c class 2011 model .. It has been 4 yrs and the dealer hasnt been able to solve my problem..
My car has a problem with the drive.. The steering constantly pulls to the left at any speed.. Woth in a hundred meters the vehicle shifts the lane .. It is such problematic ..
The dealer tried replacing suspension and wat not .. Couldnt help ..
Even the wheel alignment Reading shows correct results.. Problem doesnt go away ..
What could be the reason? Manufacturing defect? Can i get the vehicle replaced??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. All pulls with the vehicle are due to a few reasons , 1- something in the alignment is bent and causing the steering to pull , 2- the tires are defective and are causing the pull ,3- the rims can be bent and also cause a pull. Can you be more specific about what exactly was done and replaced ? All pulls can be fixed 99% of the time it's the tires that cause the pull or a bent rim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. We have removed the front chassis sub-frame and have checked the dimensions of the under chassis structure by mounting the body on to the Celete Bench and found all dimensions are as per the standard.2. We have interchanged the existing 17 inches wheels and tyres3. We have done the Wheel alignment by fixing the repair bolts.4. We have realigned the sub-frame.5. Multiple wheel alignments .6. Changed suspension.All the above are not helping

Ok have you swapped the tires from left to right to see if it pulls the other way ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that .. But still pulls left

Ok have you checked the brakes for warped rotors or cheap brake pads that may be binding ? Does the pull get worse when braking do you know ?

Do you have the latest alignment printouts to upload so I can see them ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brakes checked ...
Alignment reports nt available as of now .. But alignments done at Mercedes authorized dealer workshop ..
The problem however is existing since the purchase ... Day 1

I hear you , and in sorry that they have not been able to fix this. Pulls are extremely easy to fix even though the diagnosis is tedious. Worst case is we used to set up the front caster more positive on the side does not pull to offset the pull. It would not cause the tires to wear any different. Caster is a non tire wearing Angle. But that was worst case if nothing else could have been done. And I for one can tell you that every Mercedes that I have ever fixed most of them did pull left even brand new. Mostly due to the sport tires. But even so the all can be fixed or compensated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There has not been any wear on tyres ... Caster adjustment also done ...

And the last option which is a hard one to talk about is , weight. If you do weigh more than 250 lbs then the weight of someone sitting in the car will offset the alignment and cause the angles to change which would also cause a pull. For those instances we would have the customer sit in the vehicle as we aligned in.

Ok if that is the case then the shop is missing something. Everything I have described to you are all that can affect alignments. So if you choose to go back there have them call a TS (technical specialist ) from Mercedes Benz to get involved. That will come down and assist the technician with diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I weigh 145 pounds ...
In the last 4 yrs they have had my car for almost 8 - 9 months in total ...
I strongly feel its some manufacturing defect ... Can it be so ? If yes..wat are the damages i should check for the pulling

Wow that is a long time. If you had a alignment printout I could decipher it and see if that was a factor. As far as a manufacturing defect something would have been caught when doing the alignments. I can't tell you that there have ever been a manufacturing defect that would cause a pull in anything other than the tires. Tires cause like I said 99% of pulls. It sounds to me like you have given up on the car is this true ?cause if not I would suggest a different shop or have them get Mercedes specialist involved. They are not dealership workers they work directly for Mercedes Benz of USA and are a direct link to engineers and production. They would be more helpful.

Another test would be to drive your car in a certain road to verify it pulls. Then take another of the same car out and see if it pulls. If it does not. Then swap the wheel and tires from the good car to your car and re test. If the pulling stops then the issue is with wheels and tires regardless of if they are new.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shall get u alignment reports in a day or two ...
I am just tired and out of patience.... 4n half yrs ..is a looooong time ...
I need to know .. Shall work towards it

I will do what I can to help. I totally understand your frustration , these are good cars. But only as good as the technicians working on them. Hope this information helps. I'll be here when you need me. 😉 Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isnt finished ... Will get back wid more details ...

I never said it was finished. I told you to let me know. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed and I will continue to help.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 12 months ago.

Any info ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nothing new came up from this ...still stuck at same issue ... I was waiting if u had anything new

You said you were going to get me the alignment printouts