Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2006 mercedes ml350 no check engine light on when key on,

Customer Question

Customer: 2006 mercedes ml350 no check engine light on when key on, which fuse could be ? thanks!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought a used car, and I need pass the state inspection, and they said it's fails because no check engine light on when turn keys on, but got codes in the system, so I think the used car dealer take off the fuse, so I did n't notice when buy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light is actuated by the instrument cluster via a CAN messages from the engine control unit. If the cluster is working then its not likely a fuse concern. Have you scanned the system to see if there are any fault codes setting? If there are not any codes then the problem may be with the bulb or the connection to it. You may want to check and see if it has been removed.