Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2007 mercedes gl450.streering is not turning at all.i

Customer Question

Customer: 2007 mercedes gl450.streering is not turning at all.i changed the pump with rebuilt one still the same
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: now says esp malfunction and suspensions are low.but my main issue is p.steering.i am a repair shop by theway
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello, so can you tell me a little more info? have you tried turning the wheels with the vehicle in the air? most times if steering is hard to turn check the shaft from the column to the rack and pinion, the u joints inside the shaft bind up and will cause a issue like yours, let me know what you determine, i will help as much as i can. Lou.