Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I'm trying to find out what the error codes of P2BAC and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! I'm trying to find out what the error codes of P2BAC and P0471 indicate, although they were obtained with a non-mercedes specific OBD in a 2011 313 Sprinter... I am hoping to purchase it from a dealer in Heidelberg and they keep promising to fix it and the engine light keeps coming on. I've already paid the deposit though and I'm really keen on the van. My name is ***** ***** by the way! Thanks for any advice!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There are no noticeable problems when driving the van, just the engine light coming on. The inlet manifold gasket and 2 knock sensors have been replaced by the dealership but the light is now on again and those two error codes I sent through are now coming up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Can I ask you then - I'm a bit worried that the codes are too generic for me to find out any information which will actually be helpful and I'm a student and so don't have lots of money, but I would be totally happy to pay if it were to be helpful. I'm wondering if I should try and do some of my own research first? I would need an answer by sometime tomorrow morning if it were likely to be helpful. Thanks so much for your advice!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello, did you by chance happen to have the vin of the sprinter you are looking at? that would help a lot. ill do what i can to help. i can tell you the p0471 is for the exhaust pressure sensor, it most likely is faulty, as for the p2bac i will need some time to see if i can find info on that code, our scanners must be hooked up to a vehicle to obtain the codes or possible codes so ill have to see if our workshop website has the diagnostic flow charts with the codes, but that all depends on your engine thats why i need the vin. thanks.