MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My name is ***** *****. My rear is faulty as a result of my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. My rear sam is faulty as a result of my s430 took in water from my drainage clogged. I confirmed that all the fuses on the sam are ok and it is getting power from the battery on the large wire.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My issue is that I replaced the module with a used one from a similar car model with a matching sam. the model number on the sam were different but I have researched that it was compatible with my car. The issue is that I installed the used module and it did not make any changes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will be willing to pay if I will be getting the info that will get me to a solution
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello, so was of this point what does and does not work with your car?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi, my rear indicators, fuel level, truck close, truck light and more features
the rear sam is faulty. I did some research on my error messages of "defective display" etc, and it leads me to the rear sam. I disassembled the sam and saw that the circuit board corroded and damaged.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got a used module which I researched to be compatible with my vehicle, but it did not make a difference. I was told that the used module was already programmed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I confirmed that all the fuses on the modules were ok and have power on them
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont know what I am missing. I am a trained mechanic but this issue is new for me.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
r u there?

SORRY I AM HERE

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
k

ok so you changed the sam and nothing still works correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
right and I am seeing the same errors on my screen

ok,. so have you had a scanner put on it to check codes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did and there were lots of codes even for other modules. I was thinking of clearing them and see what are current issues from old codes. but I didnt

ok so first this is to document the codes, then clear them and see what returns, then we can trouble shoot

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay. gonna take about 10 - 20 min. I will do that and let you know.

no problem, I am in no hurry, I will have to leave for a bit and I will check back later tonight so I will be gone between 3:30 and maybe 6 or so but I will still receive your message so feel free to send me whatever info you can get. and also what scan tool are you using?