Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My tailgate want automatically open with my key and switch

Customer Question

My tailgate want automatically open with my key and switch on drivers door. It will lock and unlock. Just want open and close. I can manually open and close it. It's a 2009 gl450
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

hello, it sounds to me like the hydraulic pump has failed. it is not easy to replace and is somewhat costly. what kind of information are you looking for? to repair yourself? or what ? let me know and I can help. Lou.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to do it myself if it's not too bad of a fix. Any suggestions ?

yes , first thing I suggest is to access the pump and see if there is any corrosion in the connector to the pump, they were prone to collecting moisture an causing rust on the pump and corrosion on the connection. if you can wait I can upload instructions later on this evening and do what I can to get you everything you will need.

sorry for the delay here are some instructions to access the pump. let me know what you find. and if needed we can continue .