Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Car when wire but got me home turned off then tried to turn

Customer Question

Customer: car when heywire but got me home turned off then tried to turn on but nothing lights come on radio but no start no cra
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: changed battery same issue but i have full power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2000 s500 no start no crank
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, is the immobilizer light on or flashing?

Before this happened did you have any issues of hard or long starting times or sounding like the starter was dragging?

Finally, I need the vin number in order to pull all schematics.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was making that noise Vin WDBNG75J7YA058560
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

If it was making a noise like the starter was dragging, then you have a failing starter which will cause a no start no crank condition and the starter will need to be replaced in order to resolve this

If you are wanting to do this yourself, or just need to know what approximate cost for a repair shop to do this, please let me know

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.